Here at Alpine Start we are always looking for fun ways to stay caffeinated and have a good time… so we went into the lab and cooked up this great tasting coffee liqueur using our Original Blend instant coffee. Just follow these simple steps - and if you get to it in time, you’ll have a fantastic gift to bring to those upcoming holiday parties!
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 8 sticks of Alpine Start Original Blend instant coffee
- 1 750ml bottle of Vodka
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Slice open the Vanilla Bean and scrape out all the crystals to add to the boiling pot (add bean pod as well)
- Boil until the simple syrup reduces to about half (around 30 minutes)
- Open and pour in 8 sticks of Alpine Start Original Blend instant coffee to the mixture. Stir, and allow to cool
- Combine the simple syrup (with the beans) and bottle of vodka in a sealable glass jar and store in a dark place for 10 days.
- After 10 days strain the mixture and bottle in glass containers.
Leave a comment