This instant coffee balsamic reduction is a simple and easy-to-make sauce that adds a rich, tangy flavor to any vegetable dish! The recipe requires a few basic ingredients to prepare, and is ready in a matter of minutes!
The coffee adds a depth of flavor and a subtle bitterness that complements the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar, making it a perfect topping for roasted or grilled vegetables.
- 2 tsp of Alpine Start's Original Blend Instant Coffee
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (or your favorite veggies, 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp oil (we like olive)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Lightly brush the asparagus with oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side
- Mix together instant coffee, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and honey in a sauce pan
- Bring to a boil for 2-5 mins or until reduced to 2-3 tbsp
- Drizzle sauce on top of veggies
Recipe: Mary Beth
Leave a comment