It’s important to have fast, simple (and delicious) food for camping. We’ve put together a few recipes that can be prepped and packed to-go or made over the campfire in order to fuel your next trip.
Here's What’s Cookin'
Alpine Start Instant Pancakes
Servings: 8-12, 4” pancakes
- 1 Cup of Instant Pancake Mix (like Birch Benders Original)
- ⅔ Cup of Water
- 1 Stick of Alpine Start Instant Coffee Original Blend
- Mix the Instant Pancake Mix with water. Add the Alpine Start Instant Coffee to the mixture. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Heat a large pan over whatever surface you have. Lightly grease with melted butter or cooking oil.
- Pour pancake batter onto the pan.
- Let the pancakes cook, flipping them once when you see bubbles.
- Serve when golden brown.
Green Apple S’mores
- 1 Large Green Apple
- 3 Large Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons of creamy Peanut Butter
- Slice the apples thinly across the core, creating 6-8 slices per apple.
- Spread the slices generously with peanut butter.
- Roast the marshmallows and place a toasted marshmallow in between two slices of peanut butter slathered apple. Enjoy!
Campfire Steak, Potatoes, and Peppers - Foil Packets
For an easy campfire dinner, this recipe allows you to chop up and mix your choice of meat, veggies, potatoes and spices to wrap up in foil and throw onto the fire.
It’s simple, efficient and pretty delicious.
Check out the full instructions here.
*Recipe credit to Foraged Dish!
Leave a comment