Hi! It's Alex! When I am not working or playing outside, baking is my go to! These are my favorite brownies, and with a little Alpine Start added to the batter, they are sure to be your favorite, too!
YIELD: Makes 32 (2-inch) squares
ACTIVE TIME: 20 min
TOTAL TIME: 1 1/4 hr
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Sticks of Alpine Start Instant Coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Butter and flour a 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate with the instant coffee in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over low heat, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, and salt, then whisk into chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter in pan, add chocolate chips to the top and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs adhering, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.